Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without crackers but the unnatural dyes and plastic used to make them can have a negative impact on the environment.
This Christmas, why not try to make your own sustainable crackers from our blockprinted napkins.
Not only will you be doing something positive for the environment but they'll also look fabulous.
What you will need:
- One napkin for each cracker. Why not mix and match patterns and colours?
- A cardboard toilet roll.
- Double sided tape.
- Ribbon or twine
- Some treats to put inside! Chocolates, miniatures, wooden toys, mini toileteries, messages and jokes.
- Fill the cardboard toilet roll with your choice of treats, messages of jokes.
- Place the napkin face down on a table, then place the toilet roll lying along the middle of one edge of the napkin.
- Cut a strip of double sided tape and secure to one edge of the napkin
- Slowly roll the toilet roll to wrap the fabric around it and stick in place using the double sided tape.
- Tie each end of the toilet roll with your choice of ribbon and add a little sprig of herbs, greenery, cinnamon stick or dried orange to the twine for added interest.