How to lay a beautiful table
The SARAH.K team recently enjoyed a fabulous morning co-hosted a summer 'tablescaping workshop' with The Mews Fabrics & Furnishings at Interiors Destination, The Edition94, on London’s Fulham Road.
V&A Guide Annika Hall began the session with fascinating insights into the history of how table laying and pretty tables came into being before passing over to Supremo Table Stylist and self-confessed ceramics addict Pepa Yuste of My Vintage Corner. Joining us from Madrid, Pepa shared her expertise on how to create a fabulous table using beautiful linens, ceramics, glassware and cutlery.
Some of Pepa's top tips and more images of her beautiful table settings are below:
- Put thought into your table scape - set up early then you can change any elements you are not comfortable with before guests arrive
- Show your guests you care with the love you put into your table. Guests will remember the atmosphere you create over the food you serve
- Follow your instincts when creating your table
- Balance a ‘busy’ plate with a calmer tablecloth
- Avoid heavily scented flowers and scented candles, which clash with the smell of food
- The more you practice the better your tables will be
And our favourite: 'If you like something, buy it!!'
To find gorgeous linens for your own table shop here.
Follow Pepa on instagram for more inspiring table settings:
We love seeing how you style your SARAH.K table linen! Please share any images with us on Instagram @sarahkdesignslondon