This month Sarah was lucky enough to combine a work holiday with a family one in India. This gave her an excuse not only to laze by the beautiful pool at Samode Bagh Hotel but also to visit suppliers in Jaipur and to see at first hand some of our new designs coming to life. Here are some of the highlights of the trip:
- Rug shopping in Jaipur
- Gathering fabric samples and inspiration for SARAHK from the awe inspiring selection on offer at our favourite quilt suppliers.
- Introducing Matilda (2) to the magical sights and smells of an Indian street market
- Wonderful curries and naan bread at Neros Restaurant on Amer Road, Jaipur
- Watching incredibly skilled artisans hand carving the blocks for our new children's boat design
- Meeting the locals in the village next to Samode Bagh and seeing the harvest being gathered in
- Seeing and riding elephants
- Sipping sweet lime soda at Samode Haveli Hotel, Jaipur
- Trying her hand at block printing in the Anokhi Museum
- Relaxing in the extensive beautiful gardens at Samode Bagh, surrounded by peacocks, colourful woodpeckers, kingfishers, monkeys etc.
For anyone planning a trip to Jaipur, we couldn't recommend the Samode Hotels enough. www.samode.com